Be involved in projects with our Philadelphia-based Transportation Planning Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Transportation Planner for our Philadelphia, Pennsylvania office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead or support transportation planning studies and projects
- Team with planning, design, and technical staff to grow a Philadelphia based transportation and environmental planning practice
- Business Development including identifying project leads and pursuits, client relations management and pursuit management
- Identify transportation planning projects or projects related to transit-oriented development, placemaking, adaptive infrastructure and the design of resilient places
- Lead or assist in technical report writing, presentations, and proposals
- Lead or assist in the collection and analysis of data
- Interact with clients and industry organizations on behalf of WSP
- Oversee or assist in the management of emerging professionals
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in planning or similar combination of educational and professional experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in planning, engineering or related field
- Strong analytical, written, and oral communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to handle a wide array of projects and multiple assignments
- Passion for transportation planning and issues related to the land use-transportation connection, complete streets, active transportation, Vision Zero, transit focused development, and sustainable infrastructure
- Familiarity with best practices on traffic impact studies, transit operations and feasibility studies, parking and pedestrian studies, multiuse trail planning and design, and policy studies
- Ability to work independently but also thrive and effectively collaborate in a dynamic, multidisciplinary environment
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Understanding of city planning principles, key steps to community building and equity planning, the safe systems approach to urban corridor planning, trends in transit and transportation planning among the key agencies and authorities in the greater Philadelphia region, and best practices in dynamic multimodal planning
- Familiarity with graphic design software and 3-D modeling/rendering software
- Familiarity with projects, initiatives, key decision-making processes, agencies, and authorities in Philadelphia and the greater Mid-Atlantic region.