Website Westtown Township
Westtown Township, Chester County, PA (population 11,000) is accepting applications for the position of Planner. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic planning professional with a background in land use planning and building codes to play a significant role in the operations of Westtown Township.
The Planner is responsible for managing the application process for all residential and commercial building, grading, and zoning permit applications, including reviewing selected applications for completeness; responding to applicant inquiries; communicating with contractors, property owners and the Township’s building inspector; and coordinating payment and issuance of building permits. The position also has significant miscellaneous administrative responsibilities, including managing and reviewing land development plans and permit files, working with the Township engineer about MS4 permit enforcement, coordinating the Township’s on-lot sewer management program, and serving as liaison to the Township’s Historical Commission.
This position reports to the Assistant Township Manager / Director of Planning and Zoning. Westtown Township offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Ability
Candidates must have the required skills, knowledge and ability:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with a major in geography, land use planning, civil engineering, public administration or an equivalent field and 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience or equivalent professional experience working for a local government, land-use planning firm or civil engineering firm.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with and contribute to a customer-focused team environment.
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to lift at least 40lbs.
- Ability to attend one evening meeting per month.
- Master’s degree in relevant field is preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of on-lot sewer management systems is preferred.
- Prior familiarity with the International Building Code and/or Property Maintenance Code is preferred.
- Appreciation of and familiarity with local Chester County history is preferred.
How to apply
To be considered for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter to
email@example.com by no later than Monday, May 3rd at 5pm.
Westtown is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees and residents alike.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org