|The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is the sixth largest transportation system in the United States, with a vast network of fixed route services including bus, subway/elevated, trackless trolley, light rail, and commuter rail serving a 2,200 square mile service region.The Planning and Strategic Initiatives is seeking to hire a Planning Analyst for an exciting opportunity to work with our Strategic Planning and Analysis staff. This role is based in our Center City headquarters. The Planning Analyst will be responsible for the transit planning functions, assist and support the development of the Authority’s long-range plan, capital program, bus network redesign, station-area planning, and regional planning coordination. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Urban, Regional or Transportation Planning, Geography, Business or Public Administration or related field.
Salary range: $50,622- $75,946
Performs a wide range of transit planning functions, assists and supports the development of the Authority’s long-range plan, capital program, bus network redesign, station-area planning, and regional planning coordination. Provide wide-range of technical support including, data analysis, mapping data entry and collection, report writing, and meeting attendance and coordination.
1. Provides support on SEPTA-led planning initiates and transportation studies including SEPTA’s Long-Range Plan, Comprehensive Bus Network Redesign, Trolley Modernization Program, and Cycle Transit Plan.
2. Completes analysis, research, and data collection to support SEPTA’s network and station area planning efforts, including identifying and evaluating ridership patterns, trends analysis and transit-oriented development.
3. Researches and analyzes pertinent capital and strategic planning information response to departmental, public, and government agency inquiries.
4. Evaluates plans and projects of other transportation agencies and planning commissions with respect to their potential impact on the Septa system.
5. Assists with meeting coordination, planning, and policy development in Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission, PennDOT, City of Philadelphia and other City agencies. County Planning Commissions, and Transportation Management Agencies.
6. Interfaces and coordinates with all appropriate SEPTA departments with the objective of evaluating, reviewing, and analyzing long range projects.
7. Assist with activities of consultants in development of planning and documentation.
8. Conducts policy research and technical analysis.
9. Prepares communications, staff reports, and general information memos.
10. Prepares maps and other graphical representations of planning analysis, principles, and findings.
11. Collects, analyzes, and maintains data for departmental, Authority, and outside stakeholder use.
12. Visits various field locations.
13. Performs other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
– Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Urban, Regional or Transportation Planning, Geography, Business or Public Administration or related field required.
– Previous experience and understanding of theories, principles and practices of transportation, urban and regional planning, land use planning, public outreach, and community planning preferred.
– Master’s Degree in Transportation Planning, City and Regional Planning, or other closely related field preferred.
– Experience with, or knowledge of technical research methods and analysis preferred.
– Proficiency in software applications to support transportation analysis and communications, such as; ArcGIS or other related GIS software, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel required.
– Knowledge of SEPTA service area, functions and responsibilities, regional planning activities, techniques used in the development of general transportation plans preferred.
– Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.