Michael Baker International’s Philadelphia office currently has an open summer internship position in the Planning and Environmental Services department. This position has an estimated start date of 5/20 – 6/3.
Michael Baker International is seeking a dynamic and highly-motivated planning intern for our Philadelphia, PA office.
This internship offers an opportunity to join a team of experienced planners, environmental scientists, GIS analysts, emergency managers, and engineers, and provide administrative and technical assistance to support Michael Baker’s multi-disciplinary planning services.
This position will provide support on a variety of projects that may include community engagement, hazard mitigation, flood risk communication, transportation, and environmental planning for federal, state, and local government clients, as well as private sector clients.
- Conducting extensive research, data collection and analysis, and the preparation of written technical documents pertaining to land use, demographics, hazard risk and vulnerability, and transportation among others.
- Conducting community and stakeholder engagement activities associated with various planning and engineering projects including stakeholder identification and contact information collection, letter/invitation/announcement drafting and mass mailing, presentation development and delivery, outreach material creation, mapping, press release development and various other media outreach creation.
- Assisting with planning and facilitating meetings, workshops, and open houses.
- Developing graphics and templates associated with written plans and reports.
- Creating and maintaining databases in Excel and Access formats.
- Currently enrolled as a part-time or full-time student in good academic standing at an accredited University, College, or Technical School.
- Working towards a Bachelors’ or Masters’ Degree in Planning, Community Development, Urban Studies, Environmental Studies, Communications, Geography, or related discipline.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Possesses a strong interest in planning, environmental sciences, public outreach, and/or emergency management.
- Possesses strong analytical skills, excellent writing and oral communications skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Preferred Skill Sets:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, GIS Software, and Microsoft Access.
- Some experience in hazard resiliency, floodplain management, community outreach and planning, and/or transportation planning.
To apply for this job please visit mbakerintl.taleo.net.