Website McCormick Taylor
McCormick Taylor is looking for a Planning and Communications Group Leader! For more information, visit the full job announcement.
McCormick Taylor, Inc., a progressive transportation engineering and environmental planning firm, has an immediate opening for a Planning and Communications Group Leader in its Philadelphia office. The ideal candidate will bring strong project management and business development credentials, and have experience in both managing and developing staff.
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with a strong technical background in multimodal transportation planning and program delivery, as well as capabilities to lead innovative communications, public outreach, and community engagement programs. The preferred candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience, with a successful track record in acquiring and managing projects for public-sector clients, including state DOTs, transit agencies, regional planning entities and MPOs, and county and local governments.
The responsibilities for this role will include: marketing company services to existing and prospective clients; overseeing the work of highly-skilled planning and public involvement team members; project management and client coordination; meeting facilitation and presentations; and maintaining overall quality control across projects.
Specific work tasks may include: managing both small- and large-scale multimodal transportation planning and public involvement projects and contracts; leading staff in the completion of project deliverables; marketing and business development, including proposal writing; and research and report writing. In addition, the candidate will possess great communication and leadership skills, be interested in growing and enhancing our existing practice, oversee existing staff, and be willing to help others succeed.
Certification/accreditation through the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), New Jersey Professional Planners (NJPP), Professional Engineer (PE), American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), or similar is preferred.
- Project management, program management, marketing, and business development
- Staff development, mentoring, and staff management
- Play a key role in developing solutions to meet client needs and expectations.
- Management of a project, elements of a project, or have significant technical role under the direction of other technical staff members.
- Compose technical documents that present findings using clear language and creative graphic presentation.
- Play a key role in developing solutions to policy and physical planning problems.
- Maintain high standards and quality of work while demonstrating innovation and creativity in developing solutions for client projects.
- Organize and facilitate meetings with officials, stakeholders and the public.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation Planning, Community and Regional Planning, Civil/Transportation Engineering, Transportation Public Policy, or other professionally recognized equivalent discipline.
- 10+ years of experience.
- Marketing and business development experience, including tracking projects and writing proposals
- Knowledge of transportation planning best practices and trends
- Client relations and consulting services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work within a large team.
- Organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet and exceed deadlines
- Scope development, budgeting and other project management duties
Optional, but preferred qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in related field.
- Registration as AICP, Professional Engineer, or RLA.
- Active participation in at least one relevant professional organization.
To apply for this job please visit careers-mccormicktaylor.icims.com.