Title: Manager of Service Planning & Scheduling
Classification: Level 8
Department: Capital Assets & Planning
Reports to: Senior Director, Capital Assets & Planning
Supervises: Scheduler; Planner
Date established/revised: July 18, 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES: The staff position with responsibility for LANtaBus route planning and scheduling, overseeing LANTA’s transit friendly land use development program, integrating technology solutions to manage the transit system, obtaining/maintaining program development data, and perform required special studies and projects designed to improve LANtaBus operations.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
The duties of the Manager of Service Planning & Scheduling will be associated with the following areas:
- Service Planning
- Ongoing monitoring of service performance and quality;
- Preparation of blocks, run cuts, and rosters for operator board picking.
- Periodic reporting of service performance and quality compared to established service guidelines;
- Identifying mobility needs in the service area and developing service plans to address identified needs;
- Facilitate the identification of service improvement priorities;
- Oversee the Authority’s contact with the planning and development community in the service area, monitor and respond to proposed developments for their impact on transit service.
- Assess and pursue technology solutions and improvements to address service planning and scheduling needs.
- Oversee the development and update of printed and electronic communications regarding LANTA services.
- Data Reporting and Analysis
- Develop and implement a program for the periodic reporting of key performance statistics for the LANtaBus system;
- Develop procedures for the periodic analysis of ATMS and other data;
- Develop and implement standardized procedures for the calculation and reporting of statistics.
- Responsible for special projects and other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Capital Assets & Planning, or Executive Director.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, Urban Studies/Planning, Civil Engineering, Architecture or a related field from an accredited four-year institution; Master’s Degree in one of the listed fields is a plus.
- A minimum of five years of experience in transit planning and scheduling. Additional experience can be used as a substitute for degree requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong aptitude with technology.
- Comprehensive computer skills – word processing, excel spread sheets, data management, presentation, etc.
- Detail oriented and a strong aptitude in statistics and statistical analysis.
- Ability to deal with the public and represent the Authority in public settings.
- Project Management skills and ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in map reading required.
- Position requires field work.
LANTA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, LANTA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. LANTA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to Jason Polster-Abel in the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com