Scheduler – LANtaBus
TITLE: Scheduler – LANtaBus
CLASSIFICATION: Level 7
DEPARTMENT: Planning and Development
REPORTS TO: Manager of Planning and Scheduling
LAST UPDATED: May 18, 2020
The Scheduler – LANtaBus works at the direction of the Manager of Planning and Scheduling. Primary responsibilities include the development of LANtaBus operating schedules (trips, blocks, run cutting, and rostering) for fixed route bus service operating out of two operating divisions, maintaining transit operating schedules through at least three bid procedures per year, assuring the efficient and cost-effective operation of the transit system. Responsibilities include monitoring the performance and quality of LANTA fixed route services; developing and implementing improvement plans for service; and maintaining and support the data system tools used by the Planning and Development functions of the Authority. The Scheduler – LANtaBus will also assist in the analysis of service and development of service schedules for the Carbon County fixed route services while LANTA maintains responsibility for that system.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Research and analysis of ridership patterns and service quality of LANTA services.
- Soliciting input from riders, community stakeholders, and bus operators regarding LANTA services.
- Maintaining and updating scheduling data to ensure accuracy across service changes.
- Verifying operator pay hours are accurately reported.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of service plans and operating schedules, as well as planning and implementation of LANTA’s passenger facilities and amenities.
- Active monitoring of system performance through analysis of data from various sources, including, but not limited to Automatic Passenger Counters, Automatic Vehicle Locators, fare boxes, and surveys and other technology systems used by the Authority.
- Assist with the data management of the Automated Transit Management System (ATMS) system.
- Data processing and cleansing.
- Monitor accuracy and integrity of collected data and pursue necessary actions to remediate identified problems.
- Perform on street analyses of roadway suitability for bus service and run time analyses.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager of Planning and Scheduling.
The conduct of many of the duties of this position may require field work.
- Detail oriented and a strong aptitude in statistics and statistical analysis.
- Geographically minded with an understanding of maps, directions, and spatial distance.
- High skill level in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Database software experience a plus.
- Strong aptitude with technology, ability to learn new software quickly.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work well with co-workers and in cross-functional teams including members of all departments of the Authority.
- Ability to deal with the public and represent the Authority in public settings.
- Project management skills and ability to work independently.
- Five years of experience with transit operations. Bachelors Degree in Urban Studies/Planning, Economics, Statistics, Civil Engineering or related field can be substituted for transit experience.
LANTA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, LANTA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. LANTA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org