Website Ground Reconsidered
Ground Reconsidered is seeking a full-time candidate to serve in a consulting capacity as a Site Analyst for the Philadelphia Water Department’s Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) Planning Group. The GSI Planning Group is responsible for initiating projects that manage stormwater by way of green systems designed to reduce stormwater flow into combined sewers in Philadelphia such as rain gardens, tree trenches and planters. The work encompasses preliminary feasibility studies with desktop research and includes GIS data creation, editing and attribution in GIS, project siting, and research report preparation. The candidate selected will assist city planners, engineers, landscape designers by performing preliminary site suitability analyses for the placement of GSI.
- Identification and prioritization of project locations
- Site analysis and conceptual green infrastructure system site placement
- Draft factsheets, memos and presentations for agency partners and internal staff
- Data editing, processing, and analysis
- Detail oriented with strong visual, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of stormwater management planning and/or environmental planning
- Data analysis skills, utilizing ArcGIS and SQL database platforms
- Geospatial data editing experience in CAD or GIS
- Familiarity with hydrology, drainage catchments, grading, reading and interpreting construction & utility plans
- Skills in Adobe Creative Suite preferred
Completion of a bachelor’s degree program in City Planning, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related fields. Candidates with experience associated with green infrastructure, water resources, environmental planning/design, stormwater management, or landscape architecture will be given priority. Must have solid foundation in GIS or data analytics, strong organizational and communication skills, high level of motivation, and be able to work effectively independently and collaboratively. Applicants with 0-3 years of working experience will be considered.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and work samples to Julia Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com