Open & closing dates – 06/27/2019 to 07/11/2019
Service – Competitive
Pay scale & grade – GS 11 – 12
Salary – $67,418 to $105,052 per year
Appointment type – Permanent
Work schedule – Full Time
This position is located in the Office of the Planning and Program Development (PPD) for the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Region III, Philadelphia, PA and is under supervision of the Office Director. This Office is responsible for the oversight of state/local planning and programming activities leading up to and including the award of all grants related to all FTA programs.
As a Community Planner, you will:
- Work with grantees in the development of environmental categorical exclusions and environmental assessments, and review those documents for compliance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and FTA program requirements.
- Recommend approvals and decisions of environmental findings.
- Administer the transit planning process including conducting Metropolitan Planning Certification Reviews, grant development and recommendation for approval, and program management.
- Prepare briefing papers, statistical summaries and policy papers on abroad range of regional office and grantee activities and in support of policy and procedural decisions for use by the Regional Administrator, senior staff and/or Headquarters.
- Review metropolitan Transportation Improvement Programs (TIP) and review and recommend approval of State Transportation Improvement Programs (STIP), in coordination with FHWA.
- Perform analyses of grantees’ project justifications and applications for planning, capital, operating assistance as well as FTA’s Capital Investment program.
Apply on USAJOBS
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.