Redevelopment Authority of the County of Montgomery
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director, Redevelopment Authority of the County of Montgomery (RDA)
POSITION REPORTING: Redevelopment Authority Board of Director (the Board)
SALARY: Salary commensurate with experience.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the entire operation of the Redevelopment Authority of Montgomery County (RDA).. This position is an at-will position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage and operate RDA in compliance with all state and federal policies, procedures, laws, regulations, all reporting requirements.
- Identify, implement, and maintain appropriate and meaningful economic development, housing, and community development initiatives.
- Prepare an annual budget and monitor financial performance, implementing corrective action as required to maintain budgetary compliance.
- Regularly monitor private, state, federal grant, and other applicable funding sources to secure financial support for the RDA’s ongoing operations and to fund specifically defined projects and initiatives.
- Maintain active participation in relevant networking activities, organizations, associations, and other groups and agencies.
- Maintain effective relationships with the County Commissioners, community leaders, the PA Department of Community and Economic Development and other applicable federal, state, and local agencies to secure and maintain their support for RDA capabilities, activities, programs, and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as directed by the RDA Board.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Public Administration, or related field. Equivalent experience in the private or public sectors is also acceptable.
Experience: Five years of experience in the economic development field, or five years’ experience in similar private sector leadership position. Experience managing grants and government agency contracts is preferred, but not required.
Skills: Must have the following skills:
- Significant knowledge of economic development agency functionalities, grant and lending opportunities, regulatory compliance requirements, and applicable administrative policies and practices.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, problem-solving, and listening skills.
- Strong self-starting capabilities.
- Ability to effectively network with partners and stakeholder
- Supervisory/Human Resource skills sufficient to effectively manage a diverse staff of exempt, non-exempt, and hourly personnel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to sit, stand and walk for moderate periods of time. Ability to work in all weather conditions. Occasionally may be required to do Medium Level and/or Heavy Level physical work that would include reaching, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting.
DRIVER’S LICENSE: A valid driver’s license is required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.montcopa.org.