Website Delaware County
Job Opening: Housing Program Specialist
Department: Housing and Community Development
Bargaining: Non-Bargaining (NB)
Posting Date: September 8, 2023
The Housing Program Specialist performs day to day activities related to the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Federal HOME Investment Partnerships and CDBG Programs and related state and local housing and community development projects, in accordance with program regulations.
DUTIES OF POSITION
- Under general supervision of the Senior Housing Specialist:
- Assists in the preparation of housing development funding agreements, attends construction meetings and ensures compliance with program requirements
- Undertakes annual recordkeeping and inspections for affordable housing projects
- Assists with compliance with HUD and County regulations for the Homeownership First Program including monitoring of subgrantees, recordkeeping, financial and program reporting and invoice approval
- Provides technical assistance to housing development applicants
- Assists in the development of the Annual Action Plan, Consolidated Annual Performance, Evaluation Report and related reports
- Assists with procurement and contracting for professional services necessary to carryout housing projects and programs, in accordance with County policies and procedures
- Assists with maintenance of the Integrated Disbursement and Information System (IDIS), the County’s financial and reporting system to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Urban Studies, Community Development, Planning or related field. Excellent computer, written, oral, and graphic communication skills required. Ability to work in a team environment on a wide range of projects involving both public and private interests is essential. Excellent organizational and time management skills and familiarity with federal housing policy is desirable. PA Driver’s license is required.
Normal, good health
8:00 – 4:30 Monday through Friday, 37.5 hours per week; air-conditioned office; out-of-office meetings and site visits; occasional overtime in connection with assignments
Residence Requirement: The County of Delaware has a residency requirement for employees. Anyone applying for this job must reside in Delaware County or be willing to move to the County within three months of starting employment.
To apply, please fill out our online application form.
To apply for this job please visit delcopa.gov.