Website Delaware County
Job Opening: Community Development Specialist
Department: Housing and Community Development
Opening Date: January 31, 2020
Closing Date: February 14, 2020
Scheduled Hours: 8:00 – 4:30 Monday through Friday, 37.5 hours per week; out-of-office meetings and site visits; occasional overtime in connection with assignments
The Community Development Specialist performs day to day activities related to the planning, implementation and reporting for the Federal HOME Investment Partnerships and CDBG Programs as well as other related state and local housing and community development projects, in accordance with program regulations.
Under the general supervision of the Housing and Community Development Manager, the Community Development Specialist:
- Assists with the development of the Annual Action Plan and implementation of the annual application process
- Prepares Project Eligibility Determination Forms and prepares and gathers supporting documentation for public improvement projects
- Prepares Federal Program Environmental Review Records as mandated by the National Environmental Protection Act
- Prepares environmental clearances as requested by HUD and others including Upper Darby Township, Haverford Township, the Delaware County Continuum of Care and the Delaware County Housing Authority
- Performs database management, entry and reporting for active and closed out projects
- Assists in the Implementation of public improvement projects through arranging annual Project Award and Preconstruction Meetings
- Responsible for onsite enforcement of Davis Bacon and Related Acts compliance on assisted public improvement projects
- Maintains and updates Directory of Section 3 and Minority Business Enterprises/Women Business Enterprise and Section 3 qualified firms
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Studies, Community Development, Planning or related field
- Excellent computer, written, oral, and graphic communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment on a wide range of projects involving both public and private interests is essential
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with federal housing policy is desirable
- Valid PA driver’s license
Residence Requirement: The County of Delaware has a residency requirement for employees. Anyone applying for this job must reside in Delaware County or be willing to move to the County within six months of starting employment.
The employment application can be downloaded here.
Completed applications can be mailed or delivered to:
Delaware County Personnel Department
201 West Front Street
Media, PA 19063
Please email resume and/or application to County of Delaware Personnel Department at DelcoJobs@co.delaware.pa.us.
Delaware County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Submitted applications will remain active for one year.
To apply for this job email your details to DelcoJobs@co.delaware.pa.us