Seeking a part-time intern to work for civic engagement firm Connect the Dots in Philadelphia, PA.
Assist Connect the Dots with business development in the Philadelphia region. Connect the Dots participates in a variety of sectors and seeks to explore creative business opportunities relating to community engagement, both corporate and public. The intern will assist in developing and editing communications materials, implementing public relations tactics, and providing outreach to organizations in the Philadelphia region.
- Assist with engagement and communications: explore business development opportunities, assist with press releases, create website content, attend client meetings
- Assist with various public relations functions including media databases, news clippings, and research.
- Research organizations and community groups in the region to target for future outreach, and update current database.
- Research best practices of public involvement, outreach, and general development activities.
- Help plan and maintain Connect the Dots’ social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Perform related work as required.
- Knowledge of and experience with communications, public relations, and public outreach principles.
- Knowledge of community and economic development, transportation and
environmental planning, and equity issues.
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including speaking on the telephone with partner organizations and vendors, and writing for social media outlets.
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task.
- Excellent writing skills and initiative are essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office XP Software Suite is required.
- Basic knowledge of Philadelphia regional issues and geography.
This position requires a commitment of up to 20 hours per week.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Students with Work-Study funding are encouraged to apply.
Must have completed at least THREE YEARS of a college/university program or be enrolled in a master’s, or an equivalent combination of experience and training, plus substantial experience, interest, or involvement in civic outreach or marketing.
To Apply: Please forward cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org