Chester County Planning Commission
The Chester County Planning Commission is seeking a Plan Review Administrative Assistant to support the processing of subdivision and land development plans submitted to the County Planning Commission for review. Responsibilities include plan processing duties (logging, tracking, delivering and archiving all plan submissions and endorsing approved plans), preparing reports on development activity, administering automated plan review systems, assisting with all public inquiries, front desk coverage, and assisting with other administrative duties as needed. Qualifications include the ability to work with basic office computer programs (word processing and spreadsheets) and a strong aptitude to learn specialized land records systems that employ advanced database procedures. Familiarity with the land development process in Pennsylvania and the ability to read plans is desirable, but not required. The applicant should possess good communication skills to assist with public inquiries in person, by telephone, or through email.
Minimum requirements include training in computer systems and 2 years of professional experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Process daily zoning, subdivision and land development plans, assign a number to the plan and identify the parcel on the quad.
- Read and document all pertinent information on 247 cards.
- Process tracking sheets and enter information on mail log.
- Once mailings are complete, responsible for transferring information from 247 cards into the Access database.
- Prepare month-end subdivision and land development reports with accompanying review letters and charts.
- Prepare monthly income report.
- Prepare check listing and deposit slips for Treasurer’s office.
- Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare Indicators Research report.
- Document and file adopted amendments, comprehensive plans, subdivision and land development ordinances.
- Purge and prepare files and plans for microfiche.
- Prepare year-end report.
- Using Access database, run subdivision and land development application inventory and annual reports.
- Knowledge of land planning concepts a plus.
- Perform special projects, as assigned.
- Perform other duties, tasks and office functions, as determined (e.g., attend conferences and meetings, facilitate meetings, etc.).
Qualifications/Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of one year of general office experience.
- Intermediate skills in using a personal computer and various software packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong typing skills (minimum of 55 wpm).
- Ability to use office machines (fax, copier, calculator, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- This position may require a general understanding of human resource guidelines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of county management.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with courses in Office Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- At least two years of customer service experience.
- Ability to establish priorities and carry tasks to completion.
- Excellent ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to use all office equipment.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of county policies and procedure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Word skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Access skills
- Intermediate to Advanced PowerPoint skills
- PeopleSoft skills (Financial and/or HR) or the ability to learn PeopleSoft
- Basic to Intermediate Microsoft Outlook skills (Email and Calendar)
- Basic skills to use the Internet for research purposes
- Basic Court Management System software skills or the ability to learn CMS
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.