The Small Business Advocate provides support to prospective and existing business owners, including one-on-one advice, training, marketing, trouble-shooting and identifying market opportunities. This support is designed to help low-income and/or minority entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs planning on operating their businesses in low- to moderate-income communities build assets that can lead to reducing wealth disparities.
Program: Rising Tide Community Loan Fund
Employment Type: Full Time Nonexempt
Starting hourly rate: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Comprehensive Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription
- Agency paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan with agency contribution
- Generous Paid Leave Time-
- Vacation- 15 Days: Earn more time after 2 and 5 year anniversaries
- 9 Observed Holidays
- Sick- 9 Days annually
- Meets with entrepreneurs to identify the need for business support services, creating case files and keeping those files accurate and current.
- Assists and guides entrepreneurs as they establish new or expand existing businesses including assisting with the preparation of business plans and financial projections.
- Provides advice on management, accounting and finance to business owners and entrepreneurs and counsels them in ethical and sound business practices.
- Assists participants as they navigate licensing, permitting and registering their businesses.
- Helps entrepreneurs locate financial resources for their businesses and prepare them as borrowers.
- Assists the Associate Executive Director for Business Development and Lender in gathering required documentation in the preparation of loan applications.
- Identifies opportunities, common weaknesses and potential threats to the neighborhoods where our entrepreneurs are located.
- Identifies and solicits participation of appropriate community experts to serve as role models and mentors to the entrepreneurs to address opportunities, threats and weaknesses.
- Monitors the progress of participants through outreach and data tracking.
- Communicates potential threats to the loan portfolio to the Lender.
- Assists with the development and implementation of a course of action to address threats to the portfolio
- Assists with planning and development of new programs, initiatives and special events.
- Promotes and markets the products and services of the RTCLF and CACLV to prospective entrepreneurs, business owners, referral sources and the greater community.
- Maintains the confidentiality of agency, participant and staff information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with preference for degree in Business Administration, including course work in marketing and/or advertising
- Experience in operating and promoting a business
- Capacity to work in a team environment
- Lending experience preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- An outgoing personality with professional and interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a wide range of people
- Computer skills and ability to work in Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel)
CACLV is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or handicap.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caclv.org.