The Development Coordinator raises funds for the program, directs special events and projects, maintains cordial relationships with community groups, and uses a personal or SHFB vehicle to complete tasks.
Program: Second Harvest Food Bank
Employment Type: Exempt
Starting Salary: $47,500.00 up to $51,000.00
- Comprehensive Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription
- Agency paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan with agency contribution
- Generous Paid Leave Time-
- Vacation- 15 Days: Earn more time after 2 and 5 year anniversaries
- 9 Observed Holidays
- Sick- 9 Days annually
- Plans, implements, and directs SHFB special events and projects.
- Coordinates direct mail appeals.
- Develops and maintains materials to be used in solicitation of donations such as displays, brochures, banners, and newsletters.
- Acts as community liaison with corporations and community groups
- Acts as liaison with resource development personnel at Feeding America and other food banks.
- Coordinates timely acknowledgement devises, provides stewardship plans for major donors, and helps Director move donors up to higher giving levels.
- Analyses donor database for best solicitation prospects, and helps identify other prospects in the community.
Community and Public Relations
- Works as the marketing/communication lead at SHFB and develops communication and engagement strategies for SHFB and all of its programs
- Networks with local and regional organizations
- Represents the food bank at community meetings in the absence of the Program Director.
- Develops press releases and media materials.
- Makes presentations to community groups.
- Creates and distributes newsletter.
- Maintains social media presence.
- Supervises student interns and their projects
- Serves as staff liaison with the Development Committee of the Second Harvest Advisory Board.
- Maintains donor database (Donor Perfect) and is a Donor Perfect power user
- Adheres to the SHFB Brand Style Guide
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication-oriented field preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize and keep accurate records, and to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Food industry experience preferred
- Donor database experience preferred
- Good public speaking skills
- Superior organizational skills
CACLV is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or handicap.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caclv.org.