Website Michael Baker Intl
The Project Manager – Planning will focus on resiliency work in the Northeast as part of our growing national planning practice. The ideal candidate is well-rounded and an experienced planner with comprehensive knowledge of various planning specializations. The position can be located in any of our NY/NJ metropolitan or PA area offices. Please submit a portfolio with your resume.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of professionals consisting of planners, engineers, landscape architects and architects focused on solving our client’s biggest challenges related to community planning, climate change, resiliency, land use, environmental justice, equity, inclusion, and economic impacts.
Our team’s focus is understanding the needs of our clients first and then providing creative and innovative solutions to meet their needs. We communicate these solutions through compelling visuals, storytelling, and a placemaking approach that builds a vision to support purpose-driven, environmentally sensitive design.
We leverage our full spectrum of Michael Baker’s planning, engineering, and construction management capabilities throughout the project lifecycle to exceed our client’s expectations. Our team collaborates and supports across our planning, water, and environmental service practice areas.
- Provide project management support on resilience-related projects.
- Prepare and contribute to winning proposals; define and manage project objectives, scope, schedule, budget, contracts, subcontracts, and multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure client and project team satisfaction.
- Support team management and workload planning for a growing and enthusiastic team.
- Support the practice lead in developing new client relationships and enhancing existing client relationships.
- Mentor and help develop junior planning staff.
- Master’s degree in City, Regional, or Urban Planning from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional planning experience.
- Professional Planner (PP) license in the state of New Jersey and American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) accreditation is required.
- Demonstrated success as a self-starting, who can quickly collaborate and engage with colleagues, across disciplines, to contribute to a growing national practice with limited supervisory support.
- Proven technical writing skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication, organizational and collaboration skills including effective management of simultaneous projects and tasks.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex issue to clients and stakeholders.
- Passionate about city planning with the ability to work in a time-sensitive, fast-paced team environment.
- Microsoft Office 365, proficiency with GIS, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or Hazus-MH a plus.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We create, integrate, visualize and communicate planning concepts as they move from the initial vision through implementation. Our planning professionals build strong client partnerships, working with residents, businesses, developers, educational and medical organizations, state and local governments, the military and other federal agencies to successfully plan the future of their communities or institutions. At Michael Baker International, we focus on people and places, improving communities and creating more sustainable, convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places.
Apply here: https://mbakerintl.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit mbakerintl.com.