July 23, 2019 (2:00-3:30 PM ET)
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has launched a training webinar series to build the capacity of environmental justice practitioners working at the state level. The fourth webinar on “Application of Environmental Justice to State Environmental Impact Assessment” is now open for registration.
Application of Environmental Justice to State Environmental Impact Assessment
- When: July 23, 2019 (2:00 – 3:30 PM EDT)
- Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/application-of-environmental-justice-to-state-environmental-impact-assessment-tickets-63346825059
- About: This webinar will provide a basic primer on environmental justice (EJ) methodologies which can be used by state practitioners during National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) review and other environmental impact assessments. It will also build on this foundation with presentations regarding the State of Alaska’s efforts to address health issues in environmental impact assessment and the State of Kentucky’s efforts to address transportation-related community impacts.
- Elizabeth Poole, Environmental Scientist, Multi-Media Programs Office, Region 5, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Sarah Yoder, Deputy Environmental Public Health Program Manager, Alaska Department of Health and Social Services
- Stuart Goodpastor, Transportation Engineer formerly with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
- David Whitworth, Engineering & Operations Team Leader, Federal Highway Administration-Kentucky Division, U.S. Department of Transportation
Registration is required. Registered participants will receive details on how to access the webinar when you register. Please share this information with your colleagues and networks.
The first three webinars in this series focused on:
- Identifying and Prioritizing Environmentally Impacted and Vulnerable Communities (April 16, 2019)
Recording available at: https://youtu.be/1gsI4oIEb0U
- Enhancing Community Involvement in the Regulatory Process (May 15, 2019)
Recording available at: https://youtu.be/iz3sc9xSoPg
- Using Comprehensive Area-Wide Planning to Promote Equitable Development (June 18, 2019)
Additional webinar topics in the 2019 series include:
- Environmental Justice Considerations for Rural Water Infrastructure.
For more information, please visit: https://www.epa.gov/environmentaljustice
For questions about the series, please contact: Charles Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org