There are a few opportunities to get involved with your local schools and inspire future planners and engineers!
Future City Philadelphia Engineering Fair
Also, Future City Philadelphia is looking for mentors for the following middle schools in the Greater Philadelphia area:
- Eisenhower Science and Technology Leadership Academy – Norristown, PA
- French Creek Elementary – Pottstown, PA
- Holy Rosary Regional School – Plymouth Meeting, PA
- Keith Valley Middle School – Horsham, PA
- KIPP West Philadelphia Prep – Philadelphia, PA
- Lehighton Area Middle School – Lehighton, PA
- Lenape Middle School – Doylestown, PA
- Penn Wood Middle School – Darby, PA
- St. Albert the Great School – Huntingdon Valley
- St. Jane Frances de Chantal School – Easton, PA
- St. Katherine of Siena School – Philadelphia, PA
- St. Peter School – Philadelphia, PA
- Stewart Middle School – Norristown, PA
Click here to sign up to mentor one of these teams.
For more information about the program and your role as a prospective mentor, please contact: Mike McAtee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CM Credits for Pro Bono Planning Service
AICP members can obtain up to eight CM Credits for Pro Bono Planning Service, as outlined on the APA National website at https://www.planning.org/cm/logging/selfreport/probono
APA Future City Mentorship could relate to these allowed activities:
- Planning-related support to groups that lack adequate planning resources, including service that expands choices and opportunities for everyone.
- Planning to meet the needs of the disadvantaged and to promote racial and economic integration.
- Mentoring the development of students, interns, beginning professionals, colleagues, and members of underrepresented groups to help them advance in the planning profession.