Azavea is hiring a Project Manager!
Click here for the full job announcement and to apply for this opening.
Azavea is looking for a Project Manager who is passionate about delivering projects with a positive impact to join the Urban Applications Team. You will work closely with the Urban Applications Tech Lead and your manager, the Vice President of Professional Services, to manage your colleagues on the Urban Application Team and execute high quality projects on time and on budget. You are a strong communicator with a talent for working through competing priorities to identify the best solution for everyone. You have an entrepreneurial energy, a strong technical background, and an interest in geospatial data analysis, visualization, and software.
- Prepare budgets and proposals for projects
- Create and revise project plans to meet changing needs and requirements
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project’s scope, implementation, and budget: work with software engineers, designers, users, and clients to set expectations and remove impediments
- Write and edit reports for research grants and projects
- Collaborate with the Cicero Product Manager to deliver features and functionality according to the product roadmap
- Communicate relevant project information with management and executive teams to address company workload balance
- Work with executive and business development staff to cultivate customer and partner relationships to win new business
- Identify areas for improvement in internal processes and develop solutions that improve outcomes for your team and clients
- Collaborate with the Tech Lead on people management tasks such as hiring, onboarding, performance feedback, defining and supporting individual/team goals
- Possess strong writing skills, preferably with experience in proposal or technical writing
- Clearly communicate technical topics to audiences of broad levels of technical expertise
- Have experience managing complex projects or programs with multiple dependencies and occasional conflicting priorities
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail
- Be willing to develop (or already have) a general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design and geospatial analysis
- Enjoy working with a small, collaborative team on meaningful projects
- Approach new challenges with resourcefulness, humility, and curiosity
- Familiarity with or an interest in mapping technology, or geographic data and relational databases
- Experience with agile software development processes
- Experience managing or mentoring engineers, designers, and other colleagues in how to work together to complete great projects
- Business development experience, especially in cultivating existing relationships or developing referral based leads
To apply for this job please visit hire.withgoogle.com.