PhillyBio is an organization focused on growing the Philadelphia region’s life science industry through a variety of initiatives, including curated interactions between industry and academic decision makers, a website providing important information and resources, and engaging, educating, and connecting to foster understanding of and support for innovation.
PhillyBio launched in 2018 and has grown rapidly with the help and support from our partners in the Philadelphia life science community. We have engaged in a partnership with the Chamber of Commerce to develop PhillyBio.com into the premier site for regional life science content.
This new position is supported through PhillyBio’s partnership with The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia and their Precision Medicine and Connected Health Initiatives. The candidate will manage and maintain PhillyBio’s website and social media presence.
The candidate will work with PhillyBio staff and partners on a regular basis to incorporate and coordinate messages and information on the website and social media.
• Maintenance of the PhillyBio website (phillybio.com), including regular updates to the event calendar, jobs board, news feed, etc.
• Management of the PhillyBio social media accounts (Twitter, and LinkedIn), ensuring consistent, on message content, and support of partnering organizations
• Leading the coordination and co-promotion between the various organizations committed to the growth of the life science industry
• Tracking key sector data through the use of a financial database
• Solid understanding of front-end languages and frameworks
• Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining websites using WordPress and its associated plugins
• Strong design sense
• Comfort and expertise with Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others
• Interest in working in or around the life science industry preferred
This position is part time, with an expected commitment of 15-20 hours/week.
The hours are flexible but will require some time (est. 4-8 hours/week) on site in the PhillyBio office at
3025 Market Street,
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org