NV5 is looking for an Active Transportation Civil Engineer! To apply, visit this link.
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
NV5’s Philadelphia office is building a talented team of civil engineers, landscape architects, urban designers, and planners. We have a unique studio environment that allows for collaborative working between our engineering, planning, and landscape disciplines. Our employees are passionate about improving the quality of life for communities through planning and design. Only qualified candidates with a strong interest and enthusiasm for design within the public realm will be considered.
Our Philadelphia office is conveniently located in Center City Philadelphia, just blocks away from City Hall and all SEPTA and PATCO rail lines. Our employees are active volunteers in our communities and we are proud to be selected as a “Bike-Phriendly” business by the Bicycle Coalition of Philadelphia.
We are seeking a Civil Engineer with 4 to 8 years of experience designing transportation and/or site development projects. The position is ideally suited for a candidate with experience in both design and project management of civil design involving urban streets, multi-use trails, and other bicycle and pedestrian facilities, but also with experience in PennDOT and/or NJDOT roads and highways or site development.
The position will focus mainly on multi-modal transportation design projects, but the ideal candidate should also have an interest and willingness to assist our team with projects involving site design, green stormwater infrastructure, parks, and other neighborhood improvements for various public and private clients in Philadelphia and the surrounding region. The candidate should also have experience in the development of signing and pavement marking plans, erosion and sedimentation control, grading, and traffic control. The candidate should also express an interest in assisting with bicycle and pedestrian planning, including region-wide active transportation plans, corridor master plans and trail routing and feasibility studies.
- Assist or lead in the design of multiple ongoing transportation projects, including bicycle & pedestrian trails.
- Manage 1-2 engineering designers, and assist with internal project management responsibilities.
- Technical design duties will include design drafting, report writing, specification development, scheduling, QA/QC, budgeting, and cost estimating.
- Coordinate with internal project team members across several NV5 offices, subconsultants, public agencies, clients, participation in project meetings, and assisting with community engagement efforts as needed.
- EIT or PE License (PE Preferred).
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering.
- At least 4 years of design experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Bentley GeoPak/InRoads Software.
- Experience in ArcGIS and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for design and working within a team.
- Passionate about alternative forms of transportation, such as walking, cycling, and transit.
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once.
- EIT or PE License (PE Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit careers-nv5.icims.com.