The Green Infrastructure Leadership Exchange
The Green Infrastructure Leadership Exchange is hiring a Network Specialist! See below for more information and application instructions.
Position Type: Full-time
The Green Infrastructure Leadership Exchange (‘the Exchange’) is a high functioning, highly connected peer-to-peer learning network where communities can share experiences, circulate ideas, and solve problems together toward finding faster, cheaper, and more sustainable water infrastructure solutions.
The Network Specialist supports the Network Director with a range of tasks to maximize value for network members. The Specialist plays a crucial role in member engagement, communications and analyses to support peer-to-peer learning and collaboration. The Network Specialist works to sustain and increase member connectivity and value creation by understanding member priorities and empowering their activities.
This is a tremendous opportunity to contribute directly to the growth and development of a new non-profit while helping communities throughout North America reduce flooding, improve water quality and become more resilient to the effects of climate change.
- Facilitate Peer Learning Workgroups
- Help workgroups to create and implement work plans
- Ensure that all conference calls and other meetings are programmed in advance
- Help workgroup leaders facilitate discussions and document calls and meetings; follow up on leads and commitments
- Identify and communicate trends and opportunities for member collaborations
- Provide support to workgroup leaders as needed
- Support the Collaboration Grant Program
- Help connect members together around grant ideas
- Provide administrative assistance to awarded project leads, if needed
- Provide support to grant leads to ensure project success
- Coordinate with the grants manager, as needed
- Together with the Network Director, plan, coordinate member input, and help design and execute programming for the Network’s Annual Meeting that accommodates members’ needs
- Manage Network Communications
- Coordinate, oversee and execute logistics for the all-member Annual Meeting
- Support network-wide communications and planning
- Schedule conference calls, meetings, webinars, and events across all Workgroups and Committees using the latest best practices; take and distribute notes
- Monitor postings on the website, add website content as needed, and keep track of bugs and needed improvements. Support member connections by answering member questions, instigating dialogue, or making introductions based on needs and web posts.
- Develop, publish and distribute the Exchange newsletters and member news flashes through Mailchimp. Maintain newsletter distribution lists.
- Direct and manage the work of contracted staff to support communications work.
- Manage Metrics and Reporting
- Track and analyze metrics data
- Create and facilitate surveys; analyze and summarize results as needed
- Track grant reporting deadlines. Write and submit grant reports in coordination with the Network Director.
- Direct the work of contracted staff to support metrics and reporting work.
- Social-impact networks, network building, and network structures
- Facilitation, mediation, problem-solving, and negotiation techniques and processes
- Network’s mission, core values, and strategic plan
- Green stormwater infrastructure and water policy basics
- Tactics to proactively manage multiple calendars, schedules, communications, polls, and surveys
- Active listening and excellent verbal and written communications
- Adaptive management techniques with the ability to rapidly make and implement decisions that take into account members’ diverse perspectives and changing conditions
- Managing multiple deadlines and systems simultaneously
- Proactively sharing information and knowledge across a broad and diverse membership using relationships, technology, and other tools
- Assessment and facilitation of complex and/or sensitive situations
- Research, analysis and problem-solving
- Developing, documenting, and training employees and contractors in systems and processes
- Computer technology, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, online newsletter managers, online surveys, social media, etc.
- Managing and analyzing large data sets
- Writing concise summaries of news, reports, minutes, etc.
- Online survey services and website content management
- Between 5-7 years of professional experience preferred
- Philadelphia-based applicants preferred, but remote applicants will be considered
- Please send resume to Paula Conolly at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com