GVF is looking for a highly motivated professional to support the expanding needs of GVF and its foundation, Communities in Motion. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to understand priorities and fulfill project assignments from start to finish with minimal oversight. This individual will be able to work independently and within a team environment, plus be able to meet specific deadlines.
The Director of TDM Planning is a full-time position. GVF is a small organization that currently has five professionals on staff. Therefore, it is imperative the applicant has an “all-hands-on-deck” personality, a good sense of humor, and the willingness to do whatever needs to be done to make the organization successful.
The Director of TDM Planning will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Maintaining healthy relationships with existing partners through project management and outreach, as well as business development with obtaining new partners and contracts
- Assist with the implementation of developing and promoting Travel Demand Management (TDM) strategies or programs to GVF partners, which provide alternative transportation options and improve traffic flow. This may be conducted through analysis of where employees are commuting from or evaluating current services (such as transit/trails) in a particular municipality.
- Oversee coordination of coalition meetings, which means running the meeting and securing speakers ahead of time, and executing coalition goals among partners,
- Oversee coordination of shuttle management services, as well as growing new shuttle opportunities. This also includes analyzing shuttle ridership data and ensuring the route is running effectively.
- Assisting with or overseeing grant writing and execution of grant applications
- Attending relevant stakeholder meetings on project updates, such as construction projects affecting GVF service area
- Bachelor’s Degree in urban & regional planning, business, liberal arts, or related field. A Master’s Degree in public administration, transit planning, or travel demand management is a plus. A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- 5-8 years work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Experience in business development is a plus
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to multi-task proficiently
- Experience in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
- Strong computer skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft office
- Must have a driver’s license and access to a vehicle for business use (mileage is reimbursed)